Thursday 10 May 2012

Game Mod's


Whilst undertaking this project i have thought a lot about my context of practise and how i could take these skills i have learnt into my own project. I've been thinking about mods a lot in the past couple of weeks. I love the idea of mods, taking something you like and turning it into something you desire. One mod in particular that i used to play and steal respect is the mod of 'Battlefield 2', 'Battlefield: Project Reality.

Project reality is a series of tactical first-person shooters which aims to recreate a realistic combat environment, which places great emphasis on team work and co-operation. The game has been critically acclaimed through the mod-ding world with IGN and Gamespy both highly recommending the game. So it's no surprise that the game has won several awards as mod of the year 2006, 07, 08 and 2010.

Looking back at project reality has given me a drive for my game environment that i could potentially make a high quality game such as this. It has also prompted me into doing a side project using the tools i have learnt from OUDF406

No comments:

Post a Comment