Thursday 10 May 2012

Game Assets

This project has made me think a lot about game design and the amount of time and effort put into a project. My main asset for my environment was my warehouse. For my research i looked at concept art from different games which I believed matched a similar atmosphere to my game environment.


This is a perspective plan of a barracks from Battlefield 2142. This picture helped me a lot, giving me guidance on what is expected form a good game assets and stages in which you do it. The picture shows us a poly count of the the barracks, which is useful since i was supposed to be keeping an eye on my polly count and making sure its low. So this was a good basis for me to work from.





To further my development i also looked at 'Halo Reach' concept art, i liked the futuristic architecture in the game and drew a lot of inspiration from the Halo series.



No comments:

Post a Comment