Wednesday 1 August 2012

Equipment

Over the past couple of months i have spent a long time thinking about the importance of equipment and how it will effect my life after uni. Although Leeds college of art has a wide selection of filming equipment at my disposal I need to build up a decent camera and light set up in order to grasp employers attention. I have been told by a few film makers that equipment in the commercial world is key at first glans. So i've been searching the internet on what this year i am aiming to purchase ready for my third year.

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index.php?t=product%2Fblackmagic_cinema_camera

  • The Blackmagic Cinema camera is an established proffesional video device manafacturere 
  • Integrated software
  • Colour graded software
  • Processess its video through dnx and pro res codex. Which are the two main codex.  DNX for avid and Apple pro res for Final Cut. Which would cut work load down with no transcoding of footage 
  • Because its blackmagic it's also intergrated into davincii, which is a professional colour grading and finishing software. Which is large US at the moment.  
  • 50mbps broadcast spec, which means the footage is at broadcast spec  
  • 422 colour space
  • I could also use my Canon lens from my DSLR since its an efs lens moun
The only main problem I could find was that it only films at 30fps, which is still industry standard but could not film any slowmo. The camera will be released next month. Hoping the reviews will be good and will try and pick one up around July next year.

I am also aiming to pick up these Dedolights

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/index.php?t=product/dedolight_kit-3adv-12

This all amounts to a serious sum of money, a student that is already in debt. But all this will be an investment to the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment