Tuesday 4 October 2011

Character Design

My first brief for uni has started and my task in hand is to design, make and create a character.
I've thought hard about what type of character i am going to create and have drawn upon resources from my a level media to aid my work. So I have decided to go down the root of a soldier.



The image above depicts Witt from 'The thin red line' a character in which i have drawn a lot of inspiration in building my own character. His view on warfare and the philosophy behind it has made me think in a very different way about war and have tried to convey this trail of thought through my own character.


The Vietnam war has also shaped my character hugely. A war that changed a nation and a whole society holds similar emotions of the environment i want my character to be facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment